What is it?
The Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG) produces and distributes numerical, symbolic, statistical, visualisation and simulation software for the solution of problems in a wide range of applications in areas including science, engineering, financial analysis and research.
What is available?
The University has subscribed to an Eduserv CHEST agreement for access to the NAG Libraries.provides a collection of over 1600 numerical and statistical algorithms for a range of programming languages, including Fortran, C, C++, Python, Java, MATLAB, C# and .NET, Excel and VBA, SMP & Multicore, Xeon Phi, LabVIEW, Octave and R. The library is for two operating systems, Windows and Linux (both 32 and 64bit).
Please note: we have subscribed to the libraries only – not the compiler. If you have any queries about what compiler to use, please contact IT.
Who can have it?
All staff and registered students. ‘Home Use’ is defined as:
- A Home User may install the Software on a single computer of their own, which shall only be used by the Home User and only for the purposes of their own education, learning, private study, personal development or academic research or in connection with teaching the Licensee’s students.
How can I get it?
- Request install to University Computer from IT Service Desk
- Request Media/Keys from IT Service Desk for personal/home use
What support / training is available
- There is support provided via the CHEST Agreement. We do not have the GOLD agreement, so no consultancy is available.
- Further information on the NAG website.
When does the license/agreement run till?
- The license / agreement runs from 1st August 2018 to 31st July 2020. A decision to renew the agreement will be taken in good time.